September is a great month for many wonderful events, including but not limited to, fall migration festivals!! One of these is coming up ~ HAWK CLIFF WEEKENDS at Hawk Cliff near Port Stanley, Ontario. Here's the details from the website of Thames Talbot Land Trust, one of the partners ~
"This annual event has been hosted for over 40 years by the St Thomas Field Naturalists Club (STFNC), Hawk Cliff Raptor Banders, and volunteers of Monarch Watch. Thames Talbot Land Trust is pleased to be a partner on this event again this year."
"The Hawk Cliff Weekends is a free outdoor event taking place on September 16th, 17th, 23rd and 24th from 11am-3:30pm each day. Come out and celebrate the amazing fall migration in a beautiful setting at Hawk Cliff Woods."
- Twice daily Hawk Talks by STFNC and Hawk Cliff Raptor Banders
- Twice daily Monarch Butterfly talks by STFNC and volunteers of Monarch Watch
- Guided hikes led by Thames Talbot Land Trust
- Native plant gardening workshops
- A special presentation about Ontario's snakes and turtles, by Sssciensational Snakes!